Thursday, January 23, 2014

Jeremy's progress

Jeremy has come such a long way since my last post. He has been in an Autism program for about a year now and is now in the program full-time. He now uses PECS (picture communication) and has a vocabulary of about 25+ words. His bad behaviors have decreased and he has come out of his shell a bit more. You can see parts of Jeremy come out all the time and we just love every second of it.

We were blessed with an awesome in-home behaviorist in November. I appealed VMRCs decision to not help with paying Kaiser Permanente's co-pays for Behavioral Therapy. In turn they offered a behaviorist to come in and help me with Jeremy. She has been a great source of knowledge and encouragement and I can't thank her enough.

Jeremy's IEP team, which consists of his therapists and teacher, are awesome as well. The most recent IEP meeting was very productive. There were about 10 of us there, including Hal and Ian. It was a family affair. LOL.

My two goals for Jeremy this year, aside from what happens at school and communication-wise, is getting him to the dentist and getting genetic testing. Both of these things are going to take both parents and possibly some sedation!!

I couldn't do all that I do without the superhuman support of my rockstar husband and kids as well as all of my family and friends. I really really appreciate it : )





1 comment:

  1. Awesome to see progress, progress is always cool. We have had ups and down with ours, but it's always been forward. The dentist can be a tough sell sometimes, but he usually makes it through OK. Even if hes not OK that's OK.

    ReplyDelete